Sunday, June 5, 2011

Who Am I?

I am a pattern of thoughts ! yes not getting too philosophical here but trying to answer who am I in the sense what make me Sumit vs others.. I have become a big fan of recurring pattern of  - behaviour and thought process. 

What I mean by this is we all have a set pattern.. some are stuck in the pattern of feeling miserable and wanting someone to come to their rescue and love them.. all their life decisions, likes and dislikes of people depend on how the others reaffirm this pattern.. some have a pattern to control themselves and overcome impulses.. these are the people you will see burning the midnight oil.. some have a pattern of getting angry on slightest of reference to them in a negative manner.. each one of us are caught in our patterns.. different mixtures and varied patterns we carry.. The milieu of my patterns make me and that is the difference between Sumit and others.

Of course there are plenty of patterns but without dissecting it if one can fathom 2-3 major macro patterns (macro meaning summation of many mini patterns) you can easily predict overall behaviour how one will be in real life...  There are just few major ones.. this has helped me understand people better.. make better people decisions, manage people better... you have to just keep your judgement or rationalizations at bay and just see the recurring patterns.. people seldom break their patterns.. those who do also take a lot of time... the ones who typically do are the ones who invest a lot of time in investing to grow... mostly this is done in teen to early adult.. once adult and life is settled and is successful in the current pattern there is no impetus to break patterns... life goes on with similar patterns unless there is a paradigm shift in life needing a change... but as you grow it is much difficult..

6 comments:

  1. Interesting. So is it a part of a new research in HR??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm you can say part of new research of me.. otherwise very old... and very useful in HR

    ReplyDelete
  3. who am i?
    you a very very confused individual
    sorry to say that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Anonymous,

    Don't be sorry.. I definitely am confused about this conundrum called life and philosophy... Trying to figure out my way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. with a confused,puzzled,unclear n disturbed mind how do u expect to figure out ur way.with this sort of mind the ways ull find will be more confusing n unclear.better take guidance from a person who has a clear n undisturbed mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very clear on 4 points right now:

    1. You seem to be very angry with life and want to pick a fight
    2. I am very clear that you need to find someone else to fight I am not keen :)
    3. I am very clear on how to figure out my way, don't need your wise guidance
    4. I am very clear that I need not reply further even if you do reply; howsoever insolent, sarcastic and angry that reply may be

    Wish you all the best, hope you get some peace soon :)

    ReplyDelete