Sunday, February 17, 2019

Story of a Mugger and Wise Man

The wise man Peace Anand was returning from his friends place to his hostel. It was late and he was walking alone on the street. Suddenly he is surrounded by three young men, armed with clubs and knifes.The leader Restless Dukh is a tall 6 feet healthy fellow.

Restless to Peace - Hey you bugger where the fuck do you think you are going? Stop you ass we will beat the shit out of you.

Peace just stops. He does not say a word, he knows what is coming his way.

Restless - Don't you bloody have a tongue, cant you speak? Hand over your wallet, phone and all that you got.

Peace still does not speak and hands over the wallet and his mobile. He has no other thing to give. One of the other fellow comes form back and he holds him tight, another fellow comes and searches him if Peace is hiding anything. They get nothing.

Peace, at this moment says to restless in a calm way - Sir, Can you keep all which is useful for you and handover me the license, my passport.  It will help me

Something struck Restless, fearless calm voice had an impact. When 3 men are holding him, he could be killed. No one will know if that happens. Still the voice was just filled with calmness and sounded as if nothing matters, he seemed to be returning some kind of a loan to friend and asking for a small favour. Restless had been in such situations many times, always either the men shiver in fear or try show their anger, frustration mixed with fear. This chap nothing seem to matter sir can you return what is useless. Is he out of his mind. What the shit I can return it is not useful for me anyways, he has not shown any hatred, anger towards me and has done as i said. He seems to be giving me respect. Damn why should I return and have a soft corner. or what the shit let me give him what he wants.

Restless says - I will if there is enough money, if not you go to hell. He opened the Wallet there was 5K; Dont you have a credit card, this is awful lot of money...cool Huh

I am saving on transaction fee, I am a foreign student on a shoe string budget.

You need the money more than me. So what you are doing is legit, If i need it more i would have fought for it for my life. would have cursed you.

I will manage i have seen many difficult times. I will work hard borrow and return. you have earned this through your profession. I am sure you have a logical thought if you think you are sinning you would be depressed by now. you think it is right to do and hence you doing it. How do i hold it against you.

Right or wrong is subjective to the one who is processing it. And that's it, some day you may see some other logic. In our country there is only one logic if your action does not harm anyone  it is legit, It is stealing. but your reality is making u do it, so how do I blame you. Can I blame your reality which is what is their in your mind? I don't want to; walk the path of anger and frustration.... I will work hard and manage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment